Grist Magazine compiles a list based on “wild rumors”-

It might be based on wild rumors, but I have heard many of them from other sources. Ralph Maughan

A roundup of possible Cabinet picks for environment-related positions. Grist

13 Responses to A roundup of possible Cabinet picks for environment-related positions

1. avatar john weis says:

EPA: Mary Nichols
    Energy: Dan Reicher (dark horse, The Terminator)
    Transportation:Jim Oberstar
    Interior: John Kitzhaber
    Ag: Vilsack
    Climate: duh, Gore, of course.

2. avatar Mike says:

I’d like to see Dombeck back at as the USFS Chief. His position on the RI alone qualifies him for that IMHO.

3. avatar Maska says:

As a New Mexican, I’d like to see Bill Richardson at Interior, but most folks here are pushing him hard for Secretary of State. One person not mentioned in the article, but whose name has surfaced occasionally around these parts, is Congressman Raul Grijalva from Arizona. His instincts are good, but I don’t know much about how forcefully he’d be willing to plant his feet on the nether regions of slackers in that big department. That’s one area where Richardson would excel.

My personal guess is that Richardson wouldn’t take either the DOI job or energy (He’s been there, done that.). I think he’s aiming higher.

4. avatar Monty says:

John weis, I would be very happy if the folks were nominated for the postions you listed!!!!!

5. avatar JB says:

If anyone has written a letter to Obama’s transition team, I encourage them to post it here–assuming that is alright with Ralph? I am in the process of composing a letter myself, and would love to hear others’ recommendations for key cabinet posts.

6. JB,

Yes. If anyone has done that, we could benefit by reading it.

7. avatar jerry b says:

Sent my comments to “Change.gov”. Can’t retreive my letter, but I strongly supported Bobby Kennedy for Interior Sec and Richardson for Sec of State.
    Is there a better contact than the Change.gov website??

8. avatar Rick Hammel says:

I also suggested Gov Bill Ritter of Colorado for Interior, along with what jerry b suggested. Any more?

Rick

9. avatar Devin says:

Ralph Maughan for Sec. of the Interior!

10. avatar steve c says:

I definitely hope brian schweitzer is not sec of the interior.

11. avatar Jon Way says:

Jamie Clark as Sec of Int would just about guarantee wolf and predator (like grizzly in Idaho) recovery in more than token areas… A solid pick for me.

12. avatar vickif says:

I say no Salazar, no Schweitzer. But given Schweitzer’s big endorsement at the DNC, he may have the inside track.
    Ritter is well meaning andpro-active, but isn’t necessarily the best closer…also a big supporter of corn fuels. We need more environmental bulldogs.

13. avatar vickif says:

Clinton is being vetted for sec of state.

November 2008