Washington County, Utah "wilderness bill" faces much opposition, but could pass
Of all those wilderness, plus side-payment (to non-wilderness interest) bills that have suddenly emerged, this is the worst.
Washington County, Utah is the fastest growing part of the state because it is scenic desert country–warm in the winter, and cool in one’s air conditioned house in the summer. It’s a magnet for LDS retirees and other Mormon folks.
Nearby is Zion National Park, the Pine Valley Mountains Wilderness, and a lot of rugged roadless land which is wilderness in fact, if not by law.Continue Reading →
Scott Stouder: Idaho hunters must protect their public lands before it's too late
Scott Stouder is a field coordinator for Trout Unlimited in Idaho. He lives in Riggins where steelhead fishing on the Salmon River and the short salmon seasons are very important.
Stouder is warning of Idaho’s development-oriented position of the Bush roadless area policy.Continue Reading →
Coalbed methane well reclamation not in compliance in Wyoming
The gas companies are not reclaiming the land as they are supposed to. I can hardly believe it, and they promised in their advertisements! 😮
Here is the sorry, but hardly surprising story in the Billings Gazette.Continue Reading →
'Canned hunting' goes in garbage can [in Oregon]
Good news from Oregon. This was in the Oregonian.Continue Reading →
Wild Bill on Pombo, Green Anger and the Endangered Species Act
Bill Schneider has a fine article on the defeat of Richard Pombo. Read it in New West.
In the view of most conservationists, Pombo wasn’t just an opponent, not an adversary, but a crazy man throwing bombs at everything good and decent. He had to be cut down.Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges