Conservation groups give Idaho's congressionals low marks
Craig and Sali, the worst, will be gone in 2009-
Watchdogs give Idaho delegation low marks. Environmental group tracks votes. By Gregory Foley. Idaho Mountain Express Staff Writer.
Of the 4 Larry Craig has been the worst. For decades he has been very active about his anti-conservation views. Sali was too nutty to be […]Continue Reading →
Environmentalists [said to] draft bold roadmap for Obama
Perhaps, but where is the public lands grazing reform?
These are the establishment groups’ views.
Environmentalists draft bold roadmap for Obama. By Dina Cappliello. AP in the Huffington Post.Continue Reading →
BLM, NPS to settle? Utah parks may yet escape oil drilling
Lease sale for Dec. 19 might exclude parcels adjacent to national parks-
Utah parks may yet escape oil drilling. Land lease » BLM and Park Service may settle their dispute today.
By Patty Henetz. The Salt Lake Tribune
– – – –
Original story in this blog from Nov. 9Utah oil […]
Yellowstone Club goes under. Are we sad?
Saga of the Super-Rich-
Yellowstone Club Returns to Bankruptcy Court, to Sink Further Into Debt. By Robert Struckman. New West.Continue Reading →
Man building fence for WDFW paralyzed in fall
Washington governor’s program to put cows on state wildlife areas results in a second serious injury-
A second man has taken a fall while building fence for the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife.
Family asks for help after man is paralyzed in canyon fall – klewtv.com
Susan Perez said she had been fearful […]Continue Reading →
Questions arise over tallies of wolf depredation figures in Montana
Claim is that more are killed than reported-
Yes, and given Wildlife Services’ seeming intent to reduce wolf populations by control after “depredations”, it seems just as likely the depredation figures are inflated.
At any rate, the cost is small. Many people as individuals have lost far more in the decline of their retirement funds, […]Continue Reading →
Latest Bush outrage: Ease up controlling airborne lead
EPA, with White House nudge, eases rule on lead emissions. By Michael Hawthorne. LA Times.Continue Reading →
Wyoming wolf report – Nov. 10, through Nov. 21, 2008
Latest report says mange too is now hitting the Yellowstone Park Wolves-
Ed Bangs just sent out the Wyoming wolf report. It is below. I cut off the redundant “blah, blah” about delisting, etc. that is at the outset of every report.
The key is news is that mange it now hitting Yellowstone Park wolves. […]Continue Reading →
Do you remember the chant Drill, Drill, Drill?
It was important to drill everywhere even if it would only reduce gas prices by a penny or two over 20 years-
That’s were the Republicans were saying just a couple months ago. It was the only solution, they said. In Pocatello, Idaho the price of gasoline is $1.89/gal. $1.75 (11/25). This summer it hit […]Continue Reading →
The long-time exclosure near Cinnabar, Montana
In the post about degraded land in Yellowstone across the Yellowstone river from Gardiner, I mentioned an already long-existing exclosure.
I found my photo of it. It was taken about 8 months ago. I think it’s quite amazing.Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges