Grand Teton, Yellowstone National Parks are among the most visited
Yellowstone is fifth; Grand Teton is ninth-
Most visited national parks. Jackson Hole Daily. By Cory Hatch.Continue Reading →
The massive Foisey Creek coal development in B.C. (the Lodgepole coal pit and 2000 coal bed methane wells) is becoming an international issue.
UN to hear petition. The Globe and Mail. By Mark Hume.
Earlier in this blog.
5/15/09. North Fork Flathead plight in U.N. spotlight
9/5/08. Another coal mine planned […]
Hazing Continues, More Calves Injured.
Buffalo Field Campaign
Update from the Field
May 21, 2009
In this issue:
* Update from the Field
* Complain to FAA About the DOL’s Helicopter Use
* Traditional Prayer Ceremony on Horse Butte May 31
* Join BFC on the […]
Permit for jaguar's capture questioned
Documents and e-mails suggest state may have lacked authority to take cat
Could the capture and subsequent death of the only wild jaguar in the U.S. by Arizona Game and Fish have been illegal?
Permit for jaguar’s capture questioned
ARIZONA DAILY STAR
As hunters age, do they support allowing ATVs in more places?
White River National Forest, Colorado offers new travel plan that would restrict ATVs-
In interesting question is, is ATV use a generational thing or is it related to aging? If Bob Elderkin (in the article below) is in the majority, it is a generational thing, with older forest users, including hunters, being less, not more […]Continue Reading →
Illegal grizzly bear kill found in NW Montana. FWP investigates. Billings Gazette.
Update 5/28/2009. More about grizzly bears in the same general area (actually about 10 miles southwest). Grizzlies roaming east valley. The Daily Inter Lake.Continue Reading →
Bighorn Sheep/Domestic Sheep Advisory Group Meetings Suspended.
Collaborative effort to save public lands domestic sheep grazing suspended in favor of a more closed process mandated by the Legislature and the Governor.
The Governor, Legislators, and sheepmen apparently didn’t like the direction the Bighorn Sheep/Domestic Sheep Advisory Group was headed so the whole effort was scuttled…… for now. Many of the groups participating […]Continue Reading →
A thousand or so wind turbines south of Rawlins, Wyoming?
Anshutz plans 4-6 billon dollar development-
Anschutz Corp. plans masssive Wyoming wind farm. By Matt Joyce. AP. Forbes.
About 40 other remote wind projects are being considered. This single project would cover over 150 square miles.
– – – – – –
Related: Biologists study turbines’ effect on grouse. Billings Gazette. AP
A rare hydrothermal explosion in Yellowstone!
It wasn’t a big one, but it was photographed-
Moreover, it happened right in front of a group of geologists. In the history of the Park there have been several other small explosions, but in the past some of these have been large explosive events.
Geology group treated to rare pool explosion. By Angus […]Continue Reading →
Weekly report from the USFWS has details about the government killing of YNP wolf-
If you want the details from the government about the first control kill of a Yellowstone Park wolf, it is in this report, along with some other information.
Wolf reports, if any, now with delisting for Idaho and Montana are the […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges