Escalation of Western Water Wars Loom
The finite availability of western water is part of the reason Ralph Maughan previously posed the question : Will the resource sucking “sin city” be reclaimed by the desert ? Perhaps eventually, but in the meantime – despite setbacks, the Southern Nevada Water Authority keeps stretching its […]Continue Reading →
Leaving Las Vegas: Will Sharon Angle turn out the lights?
Will the resource-sucking “sin city” be reclaimed by the desert?
Everyone knows at least a little bit about Las Vegas. To many visitors, Las Vegas is Nevada. In terms of population this is almost true. The large majority of the state’s population lives in Clark County (Las Vegas) — almost 2-million people live in this […]Continue Reading →
How the plan to drain Nevada desert valleys suddenly collapsed
Legislation from 2003 had a hidden flaw-
The small oversight that threatens the valley’s big pipeline proposal. Nevada Supreme court cites a wording error in ’03 legislation. By Emily Green and Tom Gorman, Las Vegas Sun.
The seemingly unstoppable “water witch of the West” made an early mistake.
I hope it is truly dead, […]Continue Reading →
Yea! Nevada Supreme Court Rules Against Vegas Water Claim
A great victory for rural Nevada and the land and wildlife over Pat Mulroy and Southern Nevada Water Authority-
“Plans to siphon billions of gallons of groundwater from rural Nevada were tossed out today by the Nevada Supreme Court.” Nevada Supreme Court Rules Against Vegas Water Claim. LasVegasNow.com
Utah governor to sign Snake Valley water pact with Nevada
Does he care that it will turn the Nevada/Utah border into a dustbowl?
Guv ready to make Snake Valley water deal with Nevada. By Brandon Loomis. The Salt Lake Tribune
Don’t sign, governor. Snake Valley water pact needs work. Salt Lake Tribune Editorial.
We hoped the recent court loss by the Southern Nevada […]Continue Reading →
Utah governor to go slow in negotiating agreement with Nevada to dewater Snake Valley
Nevada court decision against Southern Nevada Water Authority cautions Utah’s new governor-
Herbert agrees to ‘go slow’ on Snake Valley water deal. In the meantime, Nevada courts are sorting out an in-state conflict. By Patty Henetz. The Salt Lake Tribune
A danger is that Harry Reid will use the US Senate to help Nevada […]Continue Reading →
Judge slashes Southern Nevada Water Authority
SNWA loses right to suck 6- billlion gallons of water a year from under Nevada desert valleys-
This is a blockbuster decision for the high desert of Nevada and western Utah and against the same old pattern of urban sprawl for Las Vegas. The state supreme court could yet rule for SNWA. It’s a big […]Continue Reading →
Opinion about "Pipelines to Desert for Pumping are Bad Idea and should be scrapped"
Great Basin Water Network tells the “real reason” why Utah politicians laid down for Las Vegas water steal-
The Great Basin Water Network says Utah will give up Snake Valley and state’s air quality to Las Vegas for support of their own urban sprawl pipeline — Lake Powell to St. George, UT.
Pat Mulroy […]Continue Reading →
Nevada threatened Utah on Snake Valley
. . . and Utah officials had no backbone-
This gets more and more disgusting the longer the story goes on.
Today’s article in the Salt Lake Tribune has a handy sidebar with links to past articles.
Did Utah blink in Snake Valley talks? Water » New documents show Beehive State’s position changed after […]Continue Reading →
Silenced Springs? Great Basin waters face threats big and small.
High Country News does major feature on the proposed draining of Nevada desert valleys, including Snake Valley on the NV/UT border-
For some time now I have been posting stories on the diversion of desert valley aquifers to provide more water for glitter and sprawl at Sin City. These posts are but most modestly read. […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 970 other subscribers
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy May 25, 2023
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy
- laurie on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green