Penned Yellowstone National Park bison eat a lot of hay
The 600 temporarily captured bison eat about 6 tons of hay a day-
For whatever the real reason Montana’s Governor Schweitzer spared the bison captured at the northern boundary of Yellowstone Park, most folks on this forum were pleased. The bison do eat a lot of hay and, of course, the feeding increases the chance […]Continue Reading →
Judge clears way for Yellowstone bison slaughter
Decision will be appealed
513 bison at risk of being slaughtered
Western Watersheds Project, Buffalo Field Campaign, Tatanka Oyate, Gallatin Wildlife Association, Native Ecosystems Council, Yellowstone Buffalo Foundation filed for a temporary restraining order in hopes of keeping Yellowstone National Park from sending 513 bison being held in the Stephens Creek capture facility to […]Continue Reading →
Bill in Montana Senate would prohibit bison relocation.
What would happen to all of the bison presently in quarantine? Would they be killed?
Senator John Brenden (R-Scobey) has introduced Senate Bill 337. It “Prohibits FWP from relocating wild buffalo or bison as a result of the state/federal bison quarantine feasibility study.” The Senate Hearing is next week on 2/17/09 in Helena.
The true […]Continue Reading →
MT Stockgrowers ask Court to stop new more generous bison arrangement
The Stockgrowers want to stop decision to let bison wanderly freely outside Park near Horse Butte-
In the comments today people are already discussing this lawsuit. So here is the AP article by Matthew Brown.
Court asked to stop Yellowstone bison arrangement. Billings Gazette. By Matthew Brown. APContinue Reading →
Bison management riles folks, again
25- 100 bison to be allowed to wander north of YNP this winter-
Most folks will remember this, but if not, last winter a very expensive deal with made to allow a limited number of bison to leave Yellowstone near Gardiner to wander northward.
The female bison will be fitted with vaginal transmitters to warm […]Continue Reading →
Buffalo Slaughter Continues
The Buffalo Field Campaign Blog is sending out a notice of the Montana Department of Livestock’s intent to slaughter 9 bulls held in the Duck Creek bison trap.
Urgent Action : 9 Bulls in Trap at Duck Creek
Update 5/22 : 9 Bulls Slaughtered by the State of MontanaContinue Reading →
This is from the Buffalo Field Campaign. I edited it to put all their links at the end (suggestion, more people will read the news if they find it quickly). Ralph Maughan
Buffalo Field Campaign Yellowstone Bison Update from the Field May 1, 2008
In this issue: * Update from the Field * […]Continue Reading →
Officials halt bison slaughter
The various bison killing agencies have announced they will kill no more bison around Yellowstone this spring. They did not mention whether they would haze the starving animals off of greening areas such as Horse Butte.
They indicated that although the number had been cut in half, there would be no problem regenerating the herd […]Continue Reading →
2,400 Yellowstone bison now dead
2,400 Yellowstone bison dead. By Cory Hatch, Jackson Hole News and Guide. Only 1,950 have been counted alive, and many just barely. This news comes out as a new severe winter storm descends on the area.Continue Reading →
Deal opens up land to some Yellowstone bison: Officials praise plan as critics say it will make little difference. By Matthew Brown. Associated Press.
I just read some comments on this blog with opinion that the headlines were saying this is a great deal. Above is the exact headline as the Billings Gazette printed […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 970 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy