Judge Molloy blocks 3 timber sales in grizzly country
Issues restraining order on sales in the Cabinet-Yaak where 45 bears live-
Good news for this struggling, but now finally increasing, grizzly population up against the Montana-Idaho-B.C. border.
Story in the Missoulian. By Rob Chaney.Continue Reading →
Wolf delisting hearing stalled after attorney faints in courtroom
85 protesters show up at courthouse-
Wolf delisting hearing stalled after attorney faints in courtroom. KBZK.comContinue Reading →
Crowds expected Tuesday as wolves return to court in Missoula
Tomorrow is the big day before Judge Molloy-
“”People simplify things,”[Ed] Bangs said. “They’ll say 300 wolves is not enough for recovery, but that’s not the recovery goal. That’s bogus. Or they’ll say the Service promised there’d never be more than 300 wolves. That’s not true either.” Rest of the story in the Continue Reading →
Judge Molloy blocks mine beneath Cabinet Mountains Wilderness
Is this a final victory in 23 year fight against the mine?
It probably isn’t because Judge Molloy both ruled for and against conservationists on their variety of claims, but it does send the Forest Service’s decision to approve the mine back to square one.
Molloy blocks mine beneath Cabinet Mountains Wilderness. By Michael […]Continue Reading →
9th Circuit overturns Molloy's grazing decision on Antelope Basin
Good news for a pretty, but cattle hammered basin on the Idaho/Montana border-
Although those who only think about wolves suppose Federal Judge Molloy surely sides with conservation groups, he didn’t on this decision. Fortunately the 9th Circuit overturned his approval of a bad Forest Service grazing plan.
Here is the story in the Continue Reading →
Wolf lawsuit briefs keep coming into Judge Molloy’s office
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has now filed their brief-
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, conservation groups file briefs in wolf lawsuit. By Rob Chaney. Missoulian
Conservation groups filed their brief (set of or arguments) on Dec. 31. There are other briefs that have been filed as ” friend of the court” (amicus curiae) […]Continue Reading →
So feds, live with it and start protecting the bear’s habitat better-
link fixed! Judge keeps Yellowstone grizzly on threatened list. APContinue Reading →
Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team — raise GYE grizzly mortality limits?
IGBC has hard time understanding Judge Molloy ruled against them not because of grizzly mortality, but lack of food for grizzly in the area-
Perhaps the bear population could withstand more deaths; and, hey why not acquiesce with what is already happening? Bear bureaucrats could call that “adaptive management.” However, Judge Molloy didn’t relist the […]Continue Reading →
Bear Committee turns into jays; scolds Judge Molloy
Results of the Yellowstone Grizzly Coordinating Committee meeting Jackson, WY-
I think we see the real reason they are upset that the judge relisted the grizzly bear in this statement:
“Fremont County [Wyoming] Commissioner Pat Hickerson echoed Schwartz and several other commissioners when he said grizzly bears have begun to expand into areas where their […]Continue Reading →
Meeting on how to respond to the relisting of Yellowstone area griz set for Oct. 28-9-
Hopefully they will do more than complain and say the judge was wrong.Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges