Washington, D.C. – Today, Ranking Member of the House Natural Resources Committee Peter DeFazio (D-OR) released a bipartisan letter co-signed by 73 House members urging Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell to continue critical protections for endangered gray wolves. The letter comes on the heels of an independent peer review that found the U.S. Fish […]Continue Reading →
Department of Interior Puts Peer Review of National Wolf Delisting on Hold
After the California Wolf Center posted a YouTube video of a phone interview with Dr. John Vucetich, who was blacklisted from being part of the peer review because he signed a letter that opposed the nationwide delisting of wolves, the US Fish and Wildlife Service has halted the selection of peer […]Continue Reading →
Groups to Litigate Wyoming Wolf Delisting
Today, several groups filed a notice of intent (NOI) to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) over its decision to delist wolves in Wyoming. Delisting comes after USFWS accepted the minor changes made to the Wyoming wolf management plan which allows wolves to be killed by anyone, for any reason, […]Continue Reading →
Grand Teton NP and Dept of Interior fighting over WY wolf delisting
It should be obvious that while wolves will be absolutely protected in GTNP, the Park is so small it is almost meaningless-
All of Grand Teton’s wolf packs spend some, usually most of their time outside the Park, so Grand Teton’s concerns are much more likely to be valid than DOI’s, which is treating wolves […]Continue Reading →
Okay, so you want to kill a wolf in a creative way. No Problem, if you’re in Wyoming. Wanna kill one by pulling it apart with horses? You’re good in Wyoming. Wanna poison one? You’re good in Wyoming. Wanna shoot it with a poison dart? You’re good in Wyoming. Wanna kill one by strapping dynamite […]Continue Reading →
Budget bills rejected in the Senate.
Wolves still protected under the Endangered Species Act
Both of the budget bills which contained language which would have delisted wolves were defeated in the Senate this afternoon. It appears that another short term continuing resolution will be brought up to fund the government once the current CR expires on March 18th.Continue Reading →
7-month spending bill likely to reach the floor of the Senate tomorrow Need help finding your congressional representative? US Senators
The Honorable _____________
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20515
Write your Senator
The Honorable _____________
United States House of […]
Where do wolves stand?
Also, a discussion about wolf delisting
Here is an article that reasonably sums up where wolves are in the political landscape. Contrary to what I’ve read in other articles, it appears that Carter Niemeyer supports delisting only conditionally. He will likely be marginalized for it.
Niemeyer said that while he agrees wolves should be off […]Continue Reading →
Delists wolves in Northern Rockies but leaves out Wyoming.
The GOP in the House of Representatives is starting to work on their version of a continuing budget resolution that would be needed to fund the government until a formal budget is passed to fund government agencies. Another way to fund the government could come in […]Continue Reading →
The Tester/Baucus wolf bill is revealed.
Could be introduced and voted on tonight
Northern Rocky Mountain Gray Wolf Recovery and Sustainability Act of 2010
Title: To remove the Northern Rocky Mountain distinct population segment of the gray wolf from the list of threatened species or the list of endangered species published under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, and for other […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges