Brackett's Racket: Politicized IDFG defends decision to demote Parrish
Earlier, we explored the “number of factors” suggestion that Virgil Moore, Deputy Director of Idaho Department of Fish & Game (IDFG), was floating around as justification for the demotion of Dave Parrish. The demotion took place following Parrish’s Letter to the Editor questioning the impact that a windfarm, which promised much financial profit to powerful Idaho politicians and their families, would have on wildlife. One of the politicians included Bert Brackett, an Idaho legislator and welfare rancher who’s been appointed to the statehouse as legislator (an elected position) over and over again. Brackett was involved in the “conversation” about Parrish between legislators that turned into a phone-call to the governor ~ and the nod to Cal Groen, Director of IDFG. Now, an article demonstrates another of the “number of factors” Parrish ran into which you or I might consider him doing is job, but that the politically privileged saw as opportunity to make an example:
Fish & Game defends demotion of Parrish – Times-News
Parrish had butted heads on occasion with ranchers in the area, one example coming over rehabilitation plans for the area burned by the Murphy Complex Fire last summer. Parrish was opposed to some limitations that the ranchers sought, recalled Mike Guerry of Castleford.
Of course, Brackett is one of the most prominant ranchers affected (check out his picture) by the Murphy Complex, you may remember his blaming the fire on environmentalists while posing for a photo-op in front of his burn-bloated cow, and one of those most fiercly insistant that cattle be turned out on that fire-wounded land immediately and in abundance.
One Response to Brackett's Racket: Politicized IDFG defends decision to demote Parrish
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy
It’s clear that Butch Otter’s good buddy SENATOR Bert Brackett, along with the RES UK wind company thugs, are a marriage made in public lands destruction heaven … er Hell …
Brackett has done what he just did to Parrish through Otter at the state level to Idaho BLM employees at the federal level. With the Feds, Bert would whine to his good buddy Bathroom Stall Boy Larry Craig. Then woe to the BLM Manager that dared take any action against the Brackett trampling herds that are destroying the sage grouse habitats of the Jarbidge.