Protecting the Millionaire/”Buckaroo” Way of Life
For those looking for a laugh, the Idaho Statesman‘s relentless infatuation with Cowboy Custom & Culture never fails to disappoint:
Documenting the Idaho buckaroo way of life – The Idaho Statesman
Owyhee County rancher Paul Nettleton adds that “cowboys dance in bars and ride in rodeos. Buckaroos herd cows day in and day […]Continue Reading →
Welcome to the new Wildlife News!
Well we finally did it. There will be bugs. In fact this is a test post.
We are sorry that the comments you made today were probably lost in the transition.
We plan to do a lot of new things now that we have the News on our own server.
Ralph MaughanContinue Reading →
Wild American Bison “Stolen” From Yellowstone National Park
Here is a news release from the Buffalo Field Campaign. Don’t know if the bison were exactly stolen, but there was no public comment when it looks like they should have had one, and whole idea of birth control for bison or any wildlife is controversial.
THREATENED WITH POPULATION CONTROL
USDA-APHIS Intends […]
Exxon Mobil is the world’s most profitable corporation-
A new video about their megaloads through Idaho and Montana to their vast toxic pits in Alberta-
Oil companies have colluded with the Idaho’s and Montana’s governors so they can make even more profits than if they built the machinery for the toxic Alberta tar […]Continue Reading →
Have you come across any interesting wildlife news? May 29, 2011
This replaces the 29th edition. That edition will now move slowly into the depths of the blog-Continue Reading →
Republican’s Climate Solution: Clear-Cut the Rain Forest
Dumb, dumber, and damn dangerous-
Republican’s Climate Solution: Clear-Cut the Rain Forest. By John Collins Rudolf. New York Times.
If he is so stupid he doesn’t know trees suck up carbon dioxide, not emit it, what about his views on the economy, medicine, national […]Continue Reading →
Renewable Energy Industry CEO looks to the future
Suggests government policy/subsidies – not free market – give wildlife conflicting, utility-scale projects an edge over distributed generation
NRG Energy CEO David Crane, lead investor in the controversial Ivanpah Solar Thermal Energy Project, discusses why giant utility-scale renewable energy projects are economically viable and what the future might look like for renewables with a […]Continue Reading →
Niemeyer’s “Wolfer” wins prestigious book award
Carter Niemeyer’s memoir, Wolfer, has won the 2011 IPPY (Independent Publishers Book Awards) gold medal for regional nonfiction.
Since its release, I have run into quite a few folks who have read it. All of those I met commented on its evenhandedness. Many said their eyes were opened about the […]Continue Reading →
Judge who singlehandedly stopped years-in-making decision to let bison roam, not acceptable, says FWP-
Finally, after years, state and federal government agencies agreed to let bison begin to roam the Gardiner Basin just north of Yellowstone Park, but Park County district judge Nels Swandal sided with the Park County Stockgrowers Association to put the landmark […]Continue Reading →
A chance to finally get rid of tumbleweed?
Russian thistle is not a native of the West and importing fungus blights from its homeland can kill it-
While there are several plants called “tumbleweed,” the one most commonly called that is prickly Russian Thistle. It has been around for almost 150 years and Hollywood probably convinced people it is an essential element of […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 970 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy
- laurie on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green