Public land thieves gearing up for another land grab try
Utah and Arizona trying to seize national parks, forests, BLM land-
The self-styled “sagebrush rebels” have never won any important victory in court. They have been repeatedly put down, but the idea that ownership of a fair portion of the West by the U.S. government is wrong or unconstitutional keeps coming back as soon as […]Continue Reading →
Have you come across any interesting wildlife news? March 30, 2012
Here is our new open thread on wildlife news topics. You can access the previous open thread here. Please post those comments and stories about wildlife you find interesting.Continue Reading →
Letter to Idaho Department of Fish and Game Commissioner Tony McDermott
Last week I sent a letter to Idaho Department of Fish and Game Commissioner Tony McDermott asking him to explain the assertions he made it the Commission meeting held in Boise on the 21st of March. I have still not heard back from him or anyone else other than a form email from the PR […]Continue Reading →
Very unusual story about a bear saving a man from a mountain lion attack
While on a hike in northern California, Robert Biggs stopped to watch a bear and her cubs. He was suddenly attacked from behind by a mountain lion and the sow black bear came to his rescue.
Bear Saves Robert Biggs From Mountain Lion Attack In California.
The Huffington Post
Grazing Entrenchment Act (H.R. 4234 & S. 1129)
Grazing Improvement [Entrenchment] Act Gains Legs, Threatens Hundreds of Millions of Acres of YOUR Public Land
The public land ranching industry is up to it again. They’re looking to further obstruct the proper administration of grazing on federal public lands by eroding public participation and further tying down the Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service’s […]Continue Reading →
A second Lynx documented in Idaho this winter.
It has been a very long time since a lynx has been documented in Idaho but this year there have been two of them. Recently there was one captured in a leg hold trap near Salmon, Idaho. The most recent sighting was in northern Idaho. This despite the USFWS saying that there aren’t any here. […]Continue Reading →
Lazy ATV hunters in Idaho lose battle in state legislature
ATV interest groups wanted legislature to prevent Idaho Fish and Game from closing any areas to ATVs during hunting season-
This is been a very contentions issue in Idaho and elsewhere — hunters who walk to find and stalk big game versus those who ride around hoping to see an elk or whatever they can […]Continue Reading →
The kind of “wildlife” that does need to be trapped and eliminated
Huge Gambian rats trapped in Florida Keys. The kind of animals that do need to be eliminated-
Given the huge controversy over trapping our native wildlife, there are many animals that need to be trapped, shot, fished out, etc., and it largely is not native wildlife. Here is one example from one of the most […]Continue Reading →
“Drill-baby-drill” worthless for lowering gas prices says 36-years of data
Slogan might sway elections, has no effect on gasoline prices-
Whenever the price of gasoline rises, we hear what is by now a coordinated shout that there needs to be more domestic oil drilling and “damn, the damn bunnies” and the rest of the wildlife too. Thirty seconds thought tells a person that a short […]Continue Reading →
Interstate 90 to get numerous wildlife crossings built near Snoqualmie Pass
Building the huge Interstate cut a swath through the wildlife rich mountains and foothills, and over time the wildlife impact of I-90 has grown-
Interstate 90 is a vital transportation corridor from the Seattle area eastward across the northern Cascade mountains, but the magnitude of the gash has served to bisect wildlife populations and cause […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 970 other subscribers
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy May 25, 2023
- Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves May 21, 2023
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy
- laurie on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Ida Lupine on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Jeff Hoffman on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Ida Lupine on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green