Many of Cliven Bundy’s supporters in the Bunkerville showdown last weekend were saying things like, “It’s not about the tortoise,” and making the issue of long term trespass into a sign that the U.S. is headed towards fascism under a overreaching regime.
But, see, it kind of is about the tortoise. The threatened Mojave desert […]Continue Reading →
Wikipedia article on “Bundy Standoff”
Finally a one-place compilation of information-
With all the media, much of it with an agenda, covering this story, finally there is a compilation of facts, and text of court cases on the situation. It is in a new Wikipedia article.
We imagine Fox News and others in the media are pouring over it right […]Continue Reading →
The taxpayers shouldn’t have to pay for grazing either.
Let’s talk a bit about the public lands grazing fee that Cliven Bundy refused to pay.
The Forest Service (FS) has been charging fees to graze private livestock on federal lands since 1906 and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has been charging fees since 1936. In 1978, Congress established a fee formula in the […]Continue Reading →
Jackson Hole: Geology 101. How to disturb a slumbering landslide
Slide was not started by spring thaw and rain alone-
The slide (or maybe best called a “slump”) above the northwest part of Jackson, Wyoming was not just the product of a wet spring, the spring thaw, and a steep slope known to have been unstable.
A lengthy story in the Jackson Hole […]Continue Reading →
Here is the “notorious” missing BLM page connecting to Harry Reid (not)
This is a big laugh, but does have important info about Bundy’s rangeland harm-
For those who don’t want to discuss rangeland, wildlife, trespassing cattle, rare animals like tortoises, or Cliven Bundy’s damage to the public land, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is an impossible to ignore target. After all Senator Reid lives in Nevada […]Continue Reading →
Cliven Bundy Has No Claim to Federal Land and Grazing
By Ralph Maughan and Ken Cole In the acrimonious case of Cliven Bundy, it is important that folks understand a bit about the history of the U.S. public lands. Cliven Bundy, the rancher whose cattle were rounded up and then released by the BLM over the weekend, claims that his family has used […]Continue Reading →
Right wing disinformation: Bundy’s Land Is NOT Solar Farm for Harry Reid
Right wing seizes on Bundy trespass to go after Harry Reid-
When a local issue goes national, it is often warped into other political agendas. We see that clearly with Cliven Bundy’s 20 years of public land cattle trespass coming to a head.
A cursory search shows a sudden explosion of articles claiming Nevada’s senior […]Continue Reading →
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Report Documents Grizzly Bear Killed Illegally.
Bozeman, Mont.—Conservation groups are questioning why the U.S. Department of Justice did not prosecute what appears to be the illegal killing of a grizzly bear last summer on a Forest Service sheep grazing allotment near Yellowstone National Park. Cottonwood Environmental Law Center, Gallatin Wildlife Association, WildEarth Guardians and Western Watersheds Project received reports from the […]Continue Reading →
Kathie Lynch: Yellowstone Wolf Update. April 2014
With wolves more scarce than they used to be in Yellowstone’s Northern Range, hopeful watchers should count themselves lucky if they get to see them, and, especially, if they are able to observe interesting behaviors. While the February breeding season did not offer the chance to see as many ties (matings) as […]Continue Reading →
Cattle trespass operation made dangerous by media coverage
Right wing outcry brings milita. Violence?
It’s difficult to find news stories that stick to the issue of the 21 years Cliven Bundy has been in violation of the laws governing American public lands.
The lone rancher trying to save his cattle from the “govmnt” is just too good a theme. Then too, they don’t […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges