Kathie Lynch. Wolf watching good for two packs. New pup news.
Kathie Lynch has sent her first report of the summer. The new packs on the Yellowstone Northern Range occupy similar locations as those in days gone by.
Thanks Kathie! Ralph Maughan
– – – – – –
Puppies! Yellowstone’s summer wolf watching season got off to a wonderful start with the debut of four […]
Kathie Lynch: Druid wolf pack likely to fade away
Only one Druid is known to remain-
Down to one wolf. I guess that means the end of the wolf pack. The Druid Peak wolf pack was formed in the release enclosure back in 1996. Most of the wolves came from the same pack in British Columbia, but not all. For example the big alpha […]Continue Reading →
Kathie Lynch: Yellowstone wolf notes Dec to Jan 2010
It looks like the Blacktails are now the largest pack on the Northern Range-
Kathie Lynch has written another report on the Yellowstone wolves (actually those on the Park’s northern range). My subhead above is just one of the many interesting facts I read in her report such as the Mollies alpha male is largest […]Continue Reading →
Some Yellowstone wolf news-
I’ve been in the Park the last several days, the first time in well over a year. I didn’t expect to see wolves because their number is down and until Jan. 19 I hadn’t visited Lamar Valley. Yesterday I did show up in the Lamar just after mid-day. Using my “expert wolf spotting skills,” I […]Continue Reading →
Wolf mating season on the greatly reconfigured Yellowstone northern range
The Druids are the only northern range pack still intact. New packs and groups abound-
Due to the complexity of the changes on the northern range, I know it took Kathie several weeks to write this. Ralph Maughan
– – – – – – – – – –
Yellowstone wolf report. Feb. 15-22, 2009. By […]Continue Reading →
Kathie Lynch: end of the year Yellowstone Park wolf notes-
Wolf watching good in cold and snowy Yellowstone-
Once again Kathie Lynch has favored us with her detailed observations of the wolves on Yellowstone’s northern range. The redistribution of the much reduced wolf population continues, with the Druids providing a note of stability.
Famous wolf 302M seems to now, finally, lead a pack, although mating […]Continue Reading →
Yellowstone wolf report. Enormous change in pack compositions
Are the Sloughs gone? Plus five new wolf groups-
As wolf mortality has increased there has been a general redistribution of wolves in the Northern Range. All the packs are affected, even the Druids.
The Slough Creek Pack may no longer be intact. Two more dead members of the pack have been found and the […]Continue Reading →
Kathie Lynch: Druid Pups and interesting Hayden/Canyon news
Kathie Lynch is spending the summer in Yellowstone. This is her first report of the summer. The Druid pups have finally been seen, and there are at least nine.
– – – – – – –
YNP WOLF Notes, June 16-July 5, 2008
By © Kathie Lynch
Yellowstone’s late spring rain […]Continue Reading →
Kathie Lynch: Numerous pregnant Slough females, but just one pup
Kathie Lynch just wrote another of her popular reports on Yellowstone wolves. Very few pups have been seen so far. That doesn’t mean they aren’t there, but in the case of the Slough Creek Pack, they aren’t there.
– – – – – – –
Copyright © by Kathie Lynch. May 30, 2008
Every living […]Continue Reading →
Haydens leave Yellowstone . . . more Park wolf news.
Because people know their story and have seen them so often, the fate of the Hayden wolf pack is of general interest to those who follow the Yellowstone Park wolves. It looks like their future, however, will not be in the Park, perhaps due to too much competition from other wolves. They were last located […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges