More Lenore Barrett finally bites the dust
People are still talking about the defeat of Lenore Hardy Barrett in Idaho’s Republican Primary. She lost to 69-year old rancher Merrill Beyeler of Leadore, a town smaller than even Challis, ID where Barrett lived.
Perhaps too soon, Merrill Beyeler had been declared “as good as elected” in the November general election. It is a heavily Republican […]Continue Reading →
Idaho “Wolf Control Board” Passes the House.
Today the Idaho House held its final hearing on Governor Otter’s “Wolf Control Board” bill HB470 which establishes a board which would be composed solely of people appointed by the Governor that would oversee wolf control in Idaho. The board would be funded using $2 million in general funds, $110,000 from the livestock industry, […]Continue Reading →
Slavery or Indentured Servitude in Idaho?
The average sheep herder who comes to work in the US under the H2A immigrant worker program gets paid only $650-$750 per month. Many of the workers come from South American countries like Peru or Chile and spend months in remote areas of Idaho with little communication and poor access to medical facilities.
Contrast this […]Continue Reading →
The Idaho Senate has voted against confirming Joan Hurlock to the Idaho Fish and Game Commission. Citing that “there’s a fear of some environmentalism here. The sportsmen are worried” Senator Monty Pearce voted against her confirmation along with 18 other senators in a vote that was 19 to 16.
Hurlock is the daughter of a […]Continue Reading →
Idaho House passes wolf disaster declaration
It Passed 64-5
Sometimes you have to wonder…….
It doesn’t seem like a good move by those who want wolves to be delisted to me.
House presses on with wolf disaster declaration.
Update: According to sources in the legislature, I’m guessing that this will likely pass the Senate and be signed […]Continue Reading →
Idaho Gov. Butch Otter’s wilderness math doesn’t add up
Idaho’s fact free governor testifies about Idaho Wilderness-
Clement “Butch” Otter has always made his way catering to most backward power groups in his unequal, economically poor, but wilderness rich state. The poorly paid teachers, educationally deprived students, overflowing prisons, and dispirited population are fine by him, but he has never liked wild backcountry, and […]Continue Reading →
Idaho lawmakers reject bill to let public comment on megaloads
Public Comment on them? We won’t even consider the bill, says Idaho legislative committee-
House panel rejects megaloads hearing requirement, won’t introduce bill. Spokesman-Review
Representative JoAn Wood is quoted in the article. According to Ballotpedia, “Wood is a business partner in a […]Continue Reading →
Former Gov. candidate Rex Rammel could face charges for allegedly killing elk
Wow!! Who’s next?
Who knows? If there is a conviction in this case, it might solidify my theory that anti-wolf advocates are behind the decimation of elk herds 😉
Recall, Rex Rammel is the politician who joked about “Obama tags“. He also had a run in with then Governor and now Senator Jim Risch […]Continue Reading →
House backs Hell's Canyon sheep bill
Now it’s up to the Governor.
This bill is not just going to affect bighorn sheep in Hell’s Canyon, it affects bighorn sheep throughout the state. It is political game management which can be changed at the whim of livestock industry pressure.
It does not address important issues regarding disease transmission and basically writes off […]Continue Reading →
Midvale residents say Gov. Otter has abandoned rural Idaho
Otter pushes for road money, but residents gripe about feds, wild sheep
Here in Idaho the legislature has gone into overtime because Governor Otter vetoed 35 appropriation bills over the course of a few days because he wants the legislature to raise gas taxes for road construction projects. They are not complying.
Each month Governor […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges