More on the killing of first bison of the season by Montana DOL
There is a story about it by Mike Stark in today’s Billings Gazette about it. Read Article.
He does recite the standard list of official lies for the action, but futher down comes the welcome news that the presence of Montana Dept. of Livestock in the area is increasingly resented by local residents.
The day is coming when they will wrench the DOL’s heel off of the back of their necks.
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
2 Responses to More on the killing of first bison of the season by Montana DOL
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
I just received a newsletter from the Humane Society of the United States called the
“Humane Activist”. There is an article in it called Yellowstone’s Shame”. It says “this unnecessary, costly, and inhumane treatment of the American buffalo must end.” There is a bill up before Congress, called the Yellowstone Buffalo Preservation Act (H>R> 2428). Introduced by Reps. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) and Charles Bass (R-NH), it would halt the hazing, capture and slaughter of wild buffalo on all federal public lands. The bill would institute commonsense solutions to the issues involving wild buffalo who gaze outside the park”.
I urge everyone who cares about the buffalo’s plight to please call your congressman at 202-224-3121 or take action online at http://www.hsus.org/yellowstone_buffalo. It would be wonderful if this passes and our Congress will over-rule the DOL of Montana, and anyone that is still kill-crazy in spite of the law can just go to jail plus a big fine to stay there.
That you for your post publicizing this act.
I hope it gains traction, but in Congress legislation affecting one state that is offered by Representatives from other states, in this case New York and New Hampshire, rarely advances.
If people want this bill to succeed, they need co-sponsors from nearby states, and ideally from Montana.
I am afraid that the only realistic way stop Montana DOL at the present time is for citizens in the West Yellowstone area to take political and legal action.