Idaho Elk Breeders on the Offense
Here is in interesting story, especially since Erin Miller posts to this forum.
Idaho Elk Breeders on the Offense. New West. By Bill Schneider
Previous story on Camo Day. Jan. 17.
Jan. 25, 2007 Update. Wild Bill has additional thoughts on this. Humane Society, Idaho Sportsmen, and Game Farmers: A Strange Affair. By Bill Schneider. New West.
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
2 Responses to Idaho Elk Breeders on the Offense
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
This is so pathetic.
Why can’t people of diverse views that oppose something be seen as working together on the same issue?
Can their fragile self images and shaky egos just not handle it?
Is it such a colossal afront to his manliness and machismo that Mr. Turkey Hunter might be seen as opposing something that the Humane Society opposes, too?
You know, I bet that at the same time Mr. Turkey Hunter is now letting himself be used to further the cause of the Elk CAFO operators, Mrs. Turkey Hunter is renewing her Humane Society membership. Why, Mr. and Mrs. Turkey Hunter might even have mailed out those nice Xmas cards a month or so bakc (those with the lion and lamb and stars and things on them all together) with HSUS return address labels … Is he gonna get a divorce because of that?
Quit being used by the Sportsmen for Hate and the Elk CAFOs and the Ag Industry in Idaho to promote divisions. Work together to end canned hunts.
There is nothing wrong with agreeing with HUSA. They can’t be wrong 100% of the time and the way to coopt some of their usually insane positions is to acknowledge when they are right. This kind of political nightmare is just another issue to add to the list of reasons why any hunting (or fenced amateur slaughtering aka: game farming) other than “fair chase” is unethical and should be banned. Hunters need some ethical high ground in order to effectively argue for perservation of our hunting heritage.