I tell my students you will learn more of what’s going on by watching the “fake news” by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert than watching Fox News, CNN, etc.Continue Reading →
Recent stories about the bison issue near West Yellowstone
This came from a Buffalo Field Campaign news release today.
Buffalo in the News
6/5/07 LTE: Golden Pen Award ~ Right a wrong, preserve wild bison.
Billings Gazette (Montana)http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/06/03/opinion/letters/46-golden.txt
6/5/07 LTE: Bison wrong target for DOL slaughter.
Billings Gazette (Montana)http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/06/03/opinion/letters/50-wrongtarget.txt
6/4/07 Officials hopeful they […]
Freudenthal: Keep Thomas’ proposal alive. Before his death, senator worked on Wyoming Front bill. Billings Gazette. By The Associated Press.
Hopefully for the great scenery and wildlife in the area, this plea will turn out to be more than an nice sentiment upon the death of Senator Thomas.Continue Reading →
The Exterminators (about Wildlife Services)
The Missoula Independent takes a look at Wildlife Services, formerly more transparently named Animal Damage Control (and earlier misnamed the Biological Survey). Wildlife Services is the federal government’s killer of “problem” wildlife. They have been controversial for years, with major opposition emerging to them among scientists as early as 1930.
It is their preemptive (non-targeted […]Continue Reading →
The repreive given the bison has worked so far, and no more brucellosis has been found in testing of cattle around Montana.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is never determined how the cattle at Bridger, Montana got brucellosis.
Story in Billings Gazette. By Jan FalstadContinue Reading →
Wild Bill: The Sage Grouse Dilemma
Bill Schneider writes about the dilemma wildlife managers have in conserving the sage grouse, a species that absolutely depends on large, and largely undisturbed tracts of sagebrush for survival.
It it clear the energy companies are driving the beautiful bird to extinction and the ESA clearly should stop them. However, these are the oil companies […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges