Montana has been slower than Utah, Nevada, and Idaho for wildfires, but they are underway now. Story in New West.
Web page for the new Patengail Creek Fire, NW of Dillon, Mt.
Photo of Patengail Creek fire.
Web page for the Fool Creek fire. This fire is not being activily fought, but being managed to improve resources in the Bob Marshall Wilderness.
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
5 Responses to Fire season gets started in Montana
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
check out the Glacier webcams:
Is there a fire in Glacier? I’m assuming this is from Washington/Oregon/Idaho.
It’s probably smoke from the fires in the Bob Marshall Wilderness to the the south of Glacier NP
I contacted the park today. Looks like it’s smoke from the Oregon/Washington fires. The info attendant didn’t sound very pleased with the situation.
That’s the way it will be the rest of the summer unless there is an unusual mid-summer shift to wet and cool (the last time I remember that happened in Idaho and Montana was 1992).
That’s what I am expecting. Bummer, but that’s nature right now. It was like this last late July/August too, until mid September. Definitely circular polarizer time.