North American Wolf Conference to be held April 8-10 at Chico Hot Springs, Montana
CALL FOR PAPERS
20th Annual North American Wolf Conference
April 8-10, 2008
Chico Hot Springs & Resort – Pray, Montana
Papers are now being accepted for the 2008 North American Wolf Conference April 8-10th, 2008 with a field trip on Friday, April 11th, to Yellowstone National Park. The conference is returning to Chico Hot Springs & Resort, in Pray, Montana. For lodging reservations, please visit the website or call 1-800-468-9232.
The conference serves as a bridge bringing together leading wolf biologists, conservationists, livestock owners, depredation specialists, educators and state, tribal and federal wolf managers to share information ranging from ecological and genetic research, nonlethal techniques to reduce livestock conflicts, to economic and environmental effects of wolf restoration. Former presenters include Ed Bangs, Doug Smith, Lu Carbyn, Jamie Rappaport Clark, Bud Fazio, Steven Fritts, William Lynn, L. David Mech, Marco Musiani, Dave Parsons, Paul Paquet, Robert Wayne, Vic Van Ballenberghe, Carita Bergman and other scientists, managers, and leaders in North American wolf conservation.
Please submit a single-spaced abstract (up to 500 words) with your full contact information, affiliations and authors by e-mail to Suzanne Stone at: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2008. If possible, please submit a digital picture related to your research or topic to include in the agenda and conference websites.
We can also scan images sent by mail to:
North American Wolf Conference
P.O. Box 773
Boise, Idaho 83701
Conference registration opened on December 1, 2007.
Please visit http://www.defenders.org/wolf/conference/ for registration details.
For more information, please contact Brenda Davis, Rocky Mountain Region Coordinator, Defenders of Wildlife, at email@example.com or call (406) 586-3970.
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
One Response to North American Wolf Conference to be held April 8-10 at Chico Hot Springs, Montana
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
I am happy to report that I am registered for the wolf conference. I just need to get lodging lined up, but I am exciting to be attending. Definitely looking forward to it.