Larry Craig and his chief of staff considering consulting business
By Ralph Maughan On January 8, 2009 · 2 Comments · In Endangered Species Act, Politics
Says his consulting business will deal with “Western Issues”-
Larry Craig and his chief of staff considering consulting business. By Jim Snyder. The Hill.
Craig says he wants to concentrate on enforcement of the ESA.
Tagged with: Larry Craig
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
2 Responses to Larry Craig and his chief of staff considering consulting business
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
<< Back To Newsroom
ESA Overhaul Revealed
February 23, 2007 – Last Friday, Sens. Craig Thomas (R-Wyo.) and Larry Craig (R-Idaho) introduced the Endangered Species Reform Act of 2007, an effort to expand the states’ role in listing and managing endangered species.
The proposal would require petitioners to do more work before asking the government to protect a species. They would have to include an analysis of species’ status, population trends and threats. The advocacy groups would be required to provide information on the species that has been tested in the field, peer reviewed and published by a scientific source.
“I believe the Endangered Species Act’s (ESA) intention of protecting species is good, but I believe those good intentions have gone off track,” said Thomas
Is this what he wants to enforce? Perhaps he should specialize in other aspects of the legal professional that he is more acquainted with.
I won’t rant and I know that once out of office you become a lobbyist or somehow stay within earshot of the system but have’nt these people done enough damage??
Craig Thomas is dead. Larry Craig will likely tap his toes all the way to DC. The Western Senators have long been against the ESA . It was really bad with Malcolm Wallop R-WY was in office and started the “Frointers of Freedom”. Looks like the old boys are going for round two!