She Runs With The Wolves
Todd Wilkinson profiles Laurie Lyman-
Those of you who know Kathie Lynch will probably know Laurie Lyman, and vice versa. Lyman has amazing talent for spotting wolves and getting that data.
She Runs With The Wolves. A tale of devotion from Yellowstone National Park. By Todd Wilkinson.
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
7 Responses to She Runs With The Wolves
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
Well deserved article for a very nice and generous person!
Laurie is always nearby to help wolf watchers when you visit YNP. She is very friendly and will share her spotting scope with anyone interested. Her Subaru wagon is usually a good one to spot, along with Rick McIntyre’s yellow Pathfinder.
Oh what a nice article. Yay Laurie! 8~)
Laurie is always very helpful and willing to fill us in on what has been going on in the park. It is nice to see her get some recognition for this!
Laurie is a great ambassador for The Yellowstone Natioal Park Wolf Project. Her devotion to the wolves and Yellowstone National Park helps new time watchers and veteran watchers attain a new level of understanding of the compex wolf program. We are glad to see her get recognition for all her efforts.
thats the kinda stuff that bothers me. People spotting for other peoples cars to find wolves. I. E. the subaru wagon or the yellow this or that. Look for wolves don’t stalk the people. By the way, its not a pathfinder anyway. Great for Laurie
Hi Bigbrowntrout – Easy does it. When my hectic life finally allows me a few days in my favorite place on earth, the Lamar Valley, I drive in wide eyed for the yellow whatever it is, that Rick drives. Plus he’s always glad to see me.! Laurie has shared her scope with me on more than one occasion so that I could get mine lined up. Does this guarantee a siting? No way! I would love nothing more than to be in Lamar so much people scope out my car so they might be blessed with their own once in a lifetime chance to see a wolf in the wilds of Yellowstone. Then, when they go back home they can share their great and successful experience with all their friends and family. Getting good wolf education from the “wolf watchers” in Lamar, might actually lead to better wolf management policies all over the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.