Idaho lawmaker hopes to make justice on Megaloads unaffordable
Idaho lawmakers hope to dissuade public access to judicial review of state megaload approvals by forcing them to post huge sums of money before access to court is granted.
Idaho bill targets anti-megaload lawsuits – Spokesman Review
BOISE – Rep. Dick Harwood, R-St. Maries, has introduced legislation requiring anyone who files a lawsuit against a […]Continue Reading →
Three Men vs. Fifteen Hungry Lions. [VIDEO]
Over the years we have heard so many times from manly-men hunters who go out into the back country with their high powered rifles, handguns, and what have you, to then come back home with tales of being scared by wolves.
A recent story comes to mind but there are many others as well.
[…]Continue Reading →
Idaho Fish and Game feeding wildife in SE Idaho
Elk, deer, and pronghorn being fed since January 1-
Idaho Fish and Game doesn’t like to feed, but deep snow and frozen snow after a melt has prompted off and on feeding. Some of it is to keep the wild animals away from farms.Continue Reading →
Supreme Court rebuffs ranchers on Mexican Spotted Owl
A welcome surprise-
High court rejects appeal in spotted owl dispute. “The Supreme Court has decided to let stand a Bush administration designation of 8.6 million acres in four Western states as critical habitat for an endangered owl.” Associated Press.Continue Reading →
Western Fish and Game (Wildlife) Comissions on the chopping block
High Country News reports on moves to abolish or modify the traditional Fish and Game Commission-
Western wildlife commissions on the chopping block. By Jodi Peterson. High Country News
This form of wildlife governance has come up for discussion many times on this blog.Continue Reading →
House Votes to Stop 'Equal Access to Justice' Fees
To screw environmentalists, they also screw grandma and small business
In an overzealous act against environmentalist organizations who successfully sue government agencies, the Republican lead House of Representatives has removed the ability for individuals, small businesses, non-profits and others to collect attorney’s fees when they prevail against the government and can meet other requirements. By […]Continue Reading →
Dangerous snow: Is foot rot taking hold at the National Elk Refuge?
Rot is caused by freeze-thaw cycles in unsanitary snow-
We just have to keep pointing out that persistant winter feeding of elk breeds disease. Now 23 elk have been put down for what is thought to be foot rot. No doubt more will die.
Foot rot suspected in elk deaths on refuge. By […]Continue Reading →
Bighorn get safe highway passage near Hoover Dam
Former bighorn death zone, now safe?
If you have tried to visit Hoover Dam the last decade, you know it has been one huge traffic jam. However, the dam by-pass and a widened U.S. 93 is now complete and with what looks like great benefits to the desert bighorn sheep the inhabit the very rugged […]Continue Reading →
With Whaling Ships Under Attack, Japan Will Recall Fleet
“Japan will cut short this year’s annual whale hunt in the Antarctic Ocean after obstruction by an environmental group largely prevented its ships from killing whales, the government said Friday.” Read about in in the New York Times. By Martin Fackler.
– […]Continue Reading →
Nevada Views: Energy development poses challenge to [Nevada] wildlife habitat
Wind and solar development could be very destructive to Nevada’s wildlife-
Energy development poses challenge to wildlife habitat. By Larry Johnson. Las Vegas Review-Journal.
And unsaid is the continuing bad idea of centralized energy generation, even if it is said to be renewable.Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 973 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Ida Lupine on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Diane Martin-Brodak on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges