As expected, U.S. gov’t delists the wolves of Wyoming
Conservation groups angry; Wyoming wolf population delisted-
Wyoming politicians were the ones most opposed to the restoration of wolves to the American Northern Rocky mountains. They filed numerous lawsuits against the program, which they generally lost. Now they have won. The Obama Administration has delisted wolves in Wyoming, and a hunting season beginning Oct. 1 will begin […]Continue Reading →
Jackson Hole pronghorn population is nearing a record
Record fawn population lifts the total near to a record of 400-
It’s common to hear a small noisy segment of the citizenry complain how the elk population is down in the southern Yellowstone Park area.
In addition, climate change has slashed moose population in and around Jackson Hole, but there is good news about […]Continue Reading →
Have you come across any interesting wildlife news? August 28, 2012
Continue Reading →
Here is our new open comments thread (begun on August 28) on wildlife news topics you think are interesting. You can access the previous “Interesting Wildlife News” here. Please post new stories and make comments about wildlife in […]
Lone hiker videoing up close to a Denali grizzly is killed by the bear
Amazing this is the first known instance of a griz killing a human in the vast bear-filled national park-
A grizzly bear has killed a lone hiker (Richard White, San Diego, age 49) on the Toklat River in Denali National Park, Alaska. There are many similar news stories today how it is the first such […]Continue Reading →
Famous Grand Teton grizzly 610 hazed back into Park
Has the dry summer depleted her food?
Grizzly bear 610 and her 3 cubs are usually in the southern part of Grand Teton Park, but she rarely leaves. The Jackson Hole News and Guide reports, however, that bear 610, who is herself the daughter of another famous bear 399, took her 3 cubs and moved […]Continue Reading →
How to access the Idaho Wildlife Summit on-line
The Idaho Wildlife Summit will soon be underway. For those of you who are not physically attending it starts on-line today (Friday) at 6:30 PM.
The information below is from the “Idaho Wildlife Summit Team.”
The Wildlife Summit starts on Friday at 6:30pm Mountain Time. Eight-hundred plus Idahoans have signed up around the […]
Rally in support of wolves set Aug. 30 in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
A rally honoring the dead from the Idaho 2011-12 hunting season set as the unlimited 2012-13 seasons nears-
Surveys show that there are many people, maybe a plurality, in Idaho who favor wolves. Some favor a reasonable wolf hunt, which the planned hunt arguably is not. Others are completely opposed to wolf hunting. The Idaho political establishment […]Continue Reading →
Montana cow, trying to escape her fate, causes mayhem in downtown Billings
Billings, Montana. She’s dead a bit earlier than planned, felled by a sniper to prevent more folks from getting injured. The cow escaped while being unloaded to be sent to the auction yards. This rarely happens, but every once and a while cattle prove they have not yet had all the fight bred out of […]Continue Reading →
American Prairie Reserve buys a 150,000 acre Montana ranch
American Prairie Reserve has purchased as huge ranch next to the C.M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge-
The American Prairie Reserve is trying to put together a huge private wildlife reserve in NE Central Montana. This is a place where there is a lot of open space and a fair amount of public land. The C.M. Russell […]Continue Reading →
Washington State might kill off the Wedge Pack today.
Have these wolves really killed any livestock at all?
A Washington state rancher near the Canandian border in the territory of the Wedge wolf pack says he has found two more dead calves he thinks were killed by wolves because of the bite marks on their hindquarters. As a result the state indicates they will […]Continue Reading →
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 970 other subscribers
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy May 25, 2023
- Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves May 21, 2023
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy
- laurie on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Ida Lupine on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Jeff Hoffman on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Ida Lupine on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green