Maybe Montana’s governor is going to finally do something.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Gallatin Field Airport.

WHO: Governor Brian Schweitzer and Yellowstone National Park
Superintendent Suzanne Lewis

WHAT: Announcement about Interagency Bison Management Plan

WHEN: TOMORROW — Thursday, April 17 – 1:30PM

WHERE: Conference Room, Old Terminal Building- North of Control Tower,
Gallatin Field Airport (Between Commercial Terminal and Arlin’s Aircraft)

7 Responses to Important Bison News release

1. avatar Buffaloed says:

Rumor is that there are no cattle on CUT property today. I assume this is related to some kind of deal with them.

2. avatar Mack P. Bray says:

Buffaloed, I bet it’s more important than the CUT deal ~ “…will make a historic announcement about the Interagency Bison Management Plan…”

Perhaps the governor and the super are pulling out of the plan…

At 1:30PM tomorrow I’ll be scanning the ‘net.

Mack P. Bray
    Wildlife Watchers
    wildlifewatchers@bresnan.net

3. avatar Robert Hoskins says:

According to the KXMZ news clip alluded to in the BFC news release, it’s about the CUT deal. I have strong doubts that it will be anything more than that. The Montana livestock industry is already screaming, no doubt. The IBMP is the industry’s plan and I don’t see Schweitzer dumping it.

4. avatar vicki says:

I have come to expect “historic” in the government’s eyes to be teeny-weenie in most people’s.
    I will wait with hope, but I won’t hold my breath.
    I mean, ideally we’d like the herd to be able to range and not be slaughtered, but what could we expect, realistically?
    What should we dare to hope for? What would we find reasonable to settle upon? I doubt we’ll ever get 100% satisfaction. Figuring out what would be the minimum acceptable is probably the worst and hardest part.
    I’ll have my pc on, same as Mack.

5. avatar Buffaloed says:

Mack, there is not a chance in hell that Montana is pulling out of the IBMP.

6. avatar Mack P. Bray says:

Buffaloed, maybe the gov and the super want to modify it. Maybe an agreement with CUT is in the works.

We’ll see tomorrow…!

Mack P. Bray
    Wildlife Watchers
    wildlifewatchers@bresnan.net

7. Thanks for the announcement. We passed it out at our buffalo meeting tonight and think one or two people may be able to be at the event.