Maybe Montana’s governor is going to finally do something.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
CONTACT: Sarah Elliott 406-444-9725
Governor, Yellowstone Park Superintendent to Make Announcement about
Interagency Bison Management Plan – Tomorrow at Gallatin Airport
(HELENA) – Governor Brian Schweitzer and Yellowstone Park Superintendent
Suzanne Lewis will make a historic announcement about the Interagency Bison
Management Plan tomorrow, Thursday, April 17th at 1:30PM in the conference
room of the Old Terminal Building, north of the control tower at the
Gallatin Field Airport.
WHO: Governor Brian Schweitzer and Yellowstone National Park
Superintendent Suzanne Lewis
WHAT: Announcement about Interagency Bison Management Plan
WHEN: TOMORROW — Thursday, April 17 – 1:30PM
WHERE: Conference Room, Old Terminal Building- North of Control Tower,
Gallatin Field Airport (Between Commercial Terminal and Arlin’s Aircraft)
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
7 Responses to Important Bison News release
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 972 other subscribers
- The Logging Juggernaut June 6, 2023
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Jeff on The Logging Juggernaut
- Charles Fox on The Logging Juggernaut
- Maximilian Werner on New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices
- Steve Kohlmann on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
Rumor is that there are no cattle on CUT property today. I assume this is related to some kind of deal with them.
Buffaloed, I bet it’s more important than the CUT deal ~ “…will make a historic announcement about the Interagency Bison Management Plan…”
Perhaps the governor and the super are pulling out of the plan…
At 1:30PM tomorrow I’ll be scanning the ‘net.
Mack P. Bray
According to the KXMZ news clip alluded to in the BFC news release, it’s about the CUT deal. I have strong doubts that it will be anything more than that. The Montana livestock industry is already screaming, no doubt. The IBMP is the industry’s plan and I don’t see Schweitzer dumping it.
I have come to expect “historic” in the government’s eyes to be teeny-weenie in most people’s.
I will wait with hope, but I won’t hold my breath.
I mean, ideally we’d like the herd to be able to range and not be slaughtered, but what could we expect, realistically?
What should we dare to hope for? What would we find reasonable to settle upon? I doubt we’ll ever get 100% satisfaction. Figuring out what would be the minimum acceptable is probably the worst and hardest part.
I’ll have my pc on, same as Mack.
Mack, there is not a chance in hell that Montana is pulling out of the IBMP.
Buffaloed, maybe the gov and the super want to modify it. Maybe an agreement with CUT is in the works.
We’ll see tomorrow…!
Mack P. Bray
Thanks for the announcement. We passed it out at our buffalo meeting tonight and think one or two people may be able to be at the event.