Western Watersheds puts up a bison page
A new resource page for the case Western Watersheds Project, et al. v. Salazar
I hope this new page will prove to be another site for good information on efforts to compell the Park Service and Forest Service to stop cooperating in the bison slaughter and eventually allow a significant number of bison to live on the open range outside Yellowstone Park in Montana.
See Yellowstone Bison. Western Watersheds Project.
Dr. Ralph Maughan is professor emeritus of political science at Idaho State University. He was a Western Watersheds Project Board Member off and on for many years, and was also its President for several years. For a long time he produced Ralph Maughan's Wolf Report. He was a founder of the Greater Yellowstone Coalition. He and Jackie Johnson Maughan wrote three editions of "Hiking Idaho." He also wrote "Beyond the Tetons" and "Backpacking Wyoming's Teton and Washakie Wilderness." He created and is the administrator of The Wildlife News.
11 Responses to Western Watersheds puts up a bison page
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 970 other subscribers
- New Bison Video From Yellowstone Voices June 5, 2023
- We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate. May 31, 2023
- Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges May 27, 2023
- Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green May 26, 2023
- Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy May 25, 2023
- Ida Lupine on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Kevin Bixby on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Lyn McCormick on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Jannett Heckert on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Rick Meis on We Lost Jim Bailey–Wild Bison Advocate.
- Ida Lupine on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Mary on Save Our Sequoias Act–A Stealth Attack On NEPA, ESA and Our Sequoia Groves
- Rambling Dave on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Ida Lupine on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Mary on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Wildfire And California Home Insurance Challenges
- Jeff Hoffman on Senator Daines Ill-advised Forest Management Advocacy
- laurie on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Ida Lupine on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
- Jeff Hoffman on Grizzlies Get A Win On Upper Green
Right on! Thanks to all of you at WWP. Your participation in this fight for wildlife on public lands is a great boost for those who have been arguing about this for such a long time. Good luck in the litigation process.
My donation to them went out this morning (I also support the BFC).
I was one of the first members of the Western Watersheds Project, back when it was just the Idaho Watersheds Project
I think a donation to it gives more bang for the buck than about any conservation organization.
I am a slow learner. DOW used to get the bulk of my donated dollars but no more. I have been more impressed with what some of the smaller orgs/groups have been able to accomplish.
I am sure it gives you a lot of personal satisfaction to be a founding member of WWP.
It does, and one thing I like is that Jon Marvel, the executive director, works for a modest salary.
And no, he isn’t heir to the Marvel Comic Books fortune as some detractors suggest. 😉
No matter how many times I see it the video of the tourist getting thrown up in the tree by the pissed off bison is always funny.
Western Watersheds Project is a force to reckon with. They will win because they use facts and science to prove their cases. Montana Dep of Livestock!! What a joke!!!Montana thinks just about all wildlife should be managed like livestock. Conrad burns is doing his best to return horse slaughter to the state.
Conrad Burns has nothing to due with horse slaughter. Edward D. Butcher (R) induced bill LC 1907 on horse slaughter
I have no problem with the commericalization of slaughtering horses. Presently, I have a 20 year old horse that will not ride of tie by it self and it is a danger to be in the mountains alone with it. I would love to send it to a slaughter house and get some money from it. It takes several horses to find a good one. It is to expensive to get hurt on them.
My friend had to put down a horse the other day (shoot) and buried it. It would have been better sent to a slaughter house and the animal could have been use.
Conrad burns is doing his best to return horse slaughter to the state.
Burns is gone william.
Pro-wolf- I fully realize that Jon Tester took conrad burns senate seat. Burns links to corruption affected his re-election. He has stood in the way to block the ban on horse slaughter while he was in the senate, and he is very active in his lobbying efforts to promote horse slaughter in the U.s. Horses should not be treated like livestock, but what can you expect from a state that treats an iconic species like bison the way they do.
Elk 275- it takes several horses to find a good one? It is unfortunate you have such a callous attitude toward animals. Just send the bad ones to slaughter right?